The College of Media & Communication at Texas Tech University and the Edward E. Whitacre College of Engineering have partnered together to host Texas Tech's first mobile app building competition.
Students are encouraged to build a mobile app to enhance the game, Humans vs. Zombies.
When: February 22-23, 2013
Where: Livermore Center, Texas Tech University
Questions, comments or concerns about the contest? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the game Humans vs. Zombies? Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
2/18/13 Update - If you do not have a confirmation email, contact email@example.com ASAP! This form has not been as reliable as we had hoped. You may also register by sending your name and team members to firstname.lastname@example.org
- - Participants must be current students at Texas Tech University
- - Valid Texas Tech ID must be presented at check-in
- - Students must bring their own equipment (laptops, desktops, tablets, etc)
- - Teams are limited to no more than three members
- - You may register as an individual, and join a team at the start of the event
- - Teams of two will have time to call out for a third member to join their team at the start of the event
- - Any mobile platform is acceptable, in your preferred coding language
Winning teams will maintain ownership of the app, but must contact HvZ organization before distributing.
Judging will be broadly based on the following:
Functionality — does the app work? does it provide a useful function? how useful?
Accessibility — is the app simple enough to use for a wide range of people?
Sustainability — is this the kind of app that has a future? Does it lend itself to or be adaptable to other uses?
Feb. 22, 2013
- 7 p.m. - Keynote, introduce problem, team formation
- 7:45 p.m. - Release teams to start working
- Midnight - Pizza by Domino's
Feb. 23, 2013
- 9 a.m. - Breakfast by the College of Engineering
- 12 p.m. - Lunch by Fazoli's
- 5:30 p.m. - End competition. All apps must be ready for judging to begin
- 6:30 p.m. - Awards ceremony and closing remarks
- 7 p.m. - Release
Each member of the winning team will win an iPad mini.
Each member will receive a set of earbuds, a T-shirt and a USB drive.
All participants will be treated to:
- Midnight pizza from Dominoes
- Saturday breakfast from the College of Engineering
- Saturday lunch from Fazoli's
Register For the App-a-thon
You may register as a team of three, or as an individual to be placed on a team at the start of the event. If you do not have a confirmation email, contact email@example.com ASAP!
This form has not been as reliable as we had hoped. You may also register by sending your name and team members to firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form - PHP